Friday, October 24, 2014

My latest house crush

Often the dreams and reality of being a realtor don't line up.  Yesterday they did.  I got a call to give a free market analysis  of a home value. Walking distance from one of the many charming down towns that we here in Silicon Valley are so blessed with. It was a two bedroom, two bath, approximately  1200 square foot home  on a 8000ish lot.  A reasonable list price range would be  875k-900k.  Two adorable dogs, non barking and growling  (a blessing for realtors as well as postal carriers) an open, warm,  quirky homeowner.  I got to see inside a charming, delightful 1940's bungalow. The original details were all there, arched doorways, phone cutouts, hardwood floors. The updates were fantastic.  The kitchen was open and bright.  My favorite part was the perfectly sized back deck looking over the long and deep back yard that had thoughtfully maintained drought tolerant landscaping.  It had just enough shagginess to keep it balanced between ramshackle and inviting.   The  two car detached garage was finished of course.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any better it did, there was a fully permitted studio  with a full bath behind the garage.   I was so pleased to have a chance to sit on the comfy cushioned outdoor sofa and chat with the homeowner. Even though I only spent 15 minutes or so in the home, I am glad to experience it.  I'm sad I wont get to sell it, though I can understand why the owners wouldn't want to part with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment